Eating is an integral part of our lives. We need food to survive and provide us with the energy to go about our daily activities, but making healthy eating easy can be daunting. There is an overwhelmingly endless amount of solutions for different eating challenges, but which one is right for you?
When navigating how you can eat healthier ask yourself: What is your biggest challenge when it comes to healthy eating? Also, think about the steps in your planning process and where your system often breaks down. For example, do you throw out a lot of unused grocery items? Do you eat out a lot?
Life can be less stressful by merely getting the right help at the right time or creating the perfect plan for your lifestyle. The following options allow you to decide where to focus whether it be on nutritional quality, cost or time-saving.
8 Ways to make healthy eating easy from least to most expensive in terms of cost and quality:
- Meal planning apps– there are many different options, customization and price points available. I have personally tried several, and there is no real one size fits all option, but there are many great tools that you can access if you are a do-it-yourself kind of person.
- On-demand meal delivery– there are no shortages here but finding the healthiest options can be a challenge. I just read that Facebook has partnered with a few delivery services in the US, making it even easier than ever to order a meal from while browsing your news feed.
- Online grocery ordering– There are several options for ordering your ingredients online or by phone. You can select pick up or have it delivered to you. You can choose between conventional, organic or natural foods. This is a great time-saver and can give you control over the quality of ingredients in your meals.
- Prepared Meal kit boxes– These are great for the person who likes to cook and eat a fresh hot meal. Recipes are provided, fresh ingredients are prepared and portioned for your meal. You can pick these up at the grocery store or have them delivered straight to your home. This service gets it all ready for you to cook your meals without the planning or shopping steps.
- Prepared meal service– These services are popping up for all different menu types from plant-based, paleo, keto and gluten-free, to name a few. A quick Google search will bring up many local options as well as the kinds of meals they offer.
- Hiring a nutritional coach– A consult with a Registered dietitian nutritionist who can assess, review and identify your particular menu needs and challenges can help you start your journey to healthy eating. In my coaching program, I help clients create a routine that incorporates healthy foods while eliminating foods that aren’t good for their dietary restrictions or lifestyle. I work with my clients to ensure they will be eating foods that are not only good for them but delicious as well.
- Purchased Meal plan– This would be a plan designed around your nutritional needs and dietary restrictions. Weekly plans that are balanced, delicious and nutritious and take the work out of menu planning and grocery shopping planning. I offer meal plans that are based on your needs – it is not a one size fits all approach. I offer plant-based, anti-inflammatory based plans, as well as other custom plans.
- Personal chef service– This would include a chef, whether culinary trained and/or nutritionally trained, coming to your home for a specified number of hours to fill your fridge or freezer with meals for you and your family. The chef will plan, shop, cook, portion, and leave your kitchen spotless as if no one was there. The benefit of this is that you can control the type of food, ingredients and menu prepared for you.
Some additional things to consider when thinking of ways to make healthy eating easy include:
- Do you want to track the nutritional information?
- Does the service use organic products versus conventional ingredients?
- Do you prefer fresh meals versus frozen meals?
- Is home delivery a must or you can pick up your meals from a local location?
To learn more about navigating a healthy eating lifestyle, book a free 15-minute consultation. I work with individuals, couples and families who are looking for ways to integrate healthy and nutritional balanced meals that are supportive of their dietary restrictions, in a way that is easy and fun. During the consultation, you can ask questions and discuss whether nutritional coaching or a meal plan is right for you. Book a time that works for your schedule by clicking here.